"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 14:13:37 EDT
On Wed, 11 Oct 1995 11:58:10 EDT Mike Ramundo said:
>Recently, two lists have moved from this site to 'new' LISTSERV sites
>
>The lists are Confidential= No, but neither now appears on list global
>output. ( postings/commands addressed here DO forward correctly to the
>new locations )
>
>What minor detail (if any ?) have the new listserv 'maint' persons omitted ?
>ie - what 'feeds' the list database and how/when is it triggered ?
>How long (usually) betwix time a new 'public' list is created at a LSOFT
>LISTSERV site and when the info appears on a list global output ?

   I had this problem once, so let me be technical:

   In the  local parm file is  a line to  get some thingy to  work about
midnight that  will send  out the  whatchamacallit around  the (revised)
Listserv (tm) world that will tell everyone about the sites new lists.

   Methinks your LISTSERV site person will know about it :-).

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**   ListOwner: AIRLINE, NODEINFO, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List   **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **