"Eric Thomas (CERN)" <ERIC@CEARN>
Tue, 26 Apr 88 23:29:14 GVA
You probably got  some fix from me  which had LSVFWR1 has  a pre-req, and
you didn't  have LSVFWR1.  That's one  reason why  I'm reluctant  to send
individual fixes out. Anyway the error used  to be from EXECIO, but it is
now from LSVFWR1. I have corrected the message. Oh, and the reason I made
this stupid  change and  wrote this  module is  that EXECIO  won't handle
"STRING" options longer  than 255 characters, because the  first thing it
does is copy  the string into a  buffer (just for fun),  which implies it
won't handle  stuff longer than  255 under SP3  *at all*. And  of course,
there are  these nonsensical mail files  from this MVS (or  was it UNIX?)
system where all of the mail body  is contained in a single SUBJECT: line
which usually exceeds 255 chars...

  Eric