June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Wed, 22 Jun 88 07:38:47 PDT
second try.  goofed the first time.

To:  LSTSRV-L(LSTSRV-L@POLYGRAF)

FORWARDED MESSAGE 06/22/88 04:04 FROM [log in to unmask] "Roger Fajman": Re:
duplicate file names in multiple filelists

To:       GA.JRG@STANFORD
From:     "Roger Fajman" <RAF@NIHCU>
Date:     Tue, 21 Jun 88  23:37:30 EDT
Subject:  Re:  duplicate file names in multiple filelists

If you look at NODEINFO FILELIST you'll see that it now only
has BITEARN NODES and the update files.  The others were moved
to NETINFO.  Thus your NODEINFO AFDs are doing nothing.
BITNIC should have said something about this when they did it,
but they probably didn't realize what would happen.

FORWARDED ON 06/22/88 07:25 FROM GA.JRG: Re: duplicate file names in multiple
filelists

I gather from what Roger is saying that a change was made to the
file structure after I sent in my AFDs (I was poised and ready to
automate :-).  It seems like it would be nice it there were a
procedure, at least one that could be manually initiated by whoever
is making the file change, to clean up any dangling AFDs and notify
the subscribers of the change.  I'm not even sure what would have
happened if the change had been completely move a file from one
filelist to another rather than as in this case of removing
duplicates.  Would I just have stopped getting updates without ever
knowing that I was missing something unless I hand reviewed the
filelists again?

/June

To:  LSTSRV-L@BITNIC