Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 1993 12:31:17 GMT
Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Another solution might be to have the LISTSERV owner turn on the "digest"
>option for the list.  That way, subscribers could, by sending the command

This assumes that the list is given space to keep logs (and thus offer
digests) on the system it's running on.  Some of us are in charge of
lists running on systems two states away and don't want to keep begging
for more kindnesses from LISTSERV owners who are already being generous
in letting us run our lists there.  :-)

(Harold will understand the reason for my smiley.)  And I do appreciate
very much the generosity of UGA in running WORDS-L and ADS-L.  The only
mail logs for the former are those automatically compiled and put in
ftp space on ftp.msstate.edu; the only mail logs for the latter are those
that I create manually at 5 a.m. everyday of the previous day's list
mail (not a big chore since that list is very quiet).
 -- Natalie ([log in to unmask])