Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:06:28 -0500
Since some of you use F-Secure Anti-Virus with your LISTSERV
installations I thought you might be interested in this.

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corporate/supportissue/general/general-issue-2005021000.shtml

>This hotfix solves the critical vulnerability issue described in the
>security advisory FSC-2005-1 . This vulnerability may allow remote
>hackers to execute code of their choise on affected machines.
>
>  This hotfix also solves virus definition database update problems
>in Microsoft Windows versions of F-Secure client and server
>products. The AVP engine may fail to work properly after definition
>updates under certain conditions. All installations using the
>affected versions may encounter the problem but the risk for
>failures of this kind is small. The hotfix resolves the situation on
>machines that are experiencing the problem.
>
>  F-Secure recommends all users of the affected versions to apply the
>hotfix to eliminate the security issue and avoid updating problems
>in the future.

The security advisory in question reports that the following FSAV
versions are affected:

>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstation version 5.43 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers version 5.50 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Citrix Servers version 5.50
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for MIMEsweeper version 5.51 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security version 5.55 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for MS Exchange version 6.31 and earlier
>  F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper version 6.41 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Firewalls version 6.20 and earlier
>  F-Secure Internet Security 2004 and 2005
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus 2004 and 2005
>  Solutions based on F-Secure Personal Express version 5.10 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Linux Workstations version 4.52 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Linux Servers version 4.61 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Linux Gateways version 4.61 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus for Samba Servers version 4.60
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus Linux Client Security 5.01 and earlier
>  F-Secure Anti-Virus Linux Server Security 5.01 and earlier
>  F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper for Linux 2.06

Hotfixes are available for download from
<http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corporate/downloads/hotfixes/>.

F-Secure Anti-Virus updates and support issues are listed at
<http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/>.  When I notice new updates
I'll send a note to the mailing list, but I would also recommend
keeping an eye on the page yourselves.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

LISTSERV 14.3 and Maestro 2.0 have recently been released and are
available as free updates for customers with maintenance.  See
<http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_143.asp> and
<http://www.lsoft.com/products/maestro_20.asp> for details.