Steve Price <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:45:52 -0600
I just noticed a small issue with the 'sort by' criteria on
the archive search pages.  Let's say I have 3 messages that
meet my search criteria with the following dates.

        (19)99/12/24
        (20)00/12/24
        (20)02/12/24

When sorting by Date/time ascending listserv returns the order
on the left when it should really be the order on the right.

        00/12/24        99/12/24
        02/12/24        00/12/24
        99/12/24        02/12/24

Similarly sorting by Date/time descending listserv returns
the order order on the left while the order on the right is
correct.

        99/12/24        02/12/24
        02/12/24        00/12/24
        00/12/24        99/12/24

At first I thought this might be a problem with my configuration
but I've confirmed that this behavior is exactly how the archives
for this list work as well.

It looks like listserv is sorting by the 2-digit year instead
of the 4-digit year.  Is there a way to sort by the 4-digit year
instead?  FWIW I'm using the Linux version of 1.8e.

Thanks.  Happy holidays everyone.

-steve