"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:42:30 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
David Nessl <[log in to unmask]> says:
>defined the long list-id.  You need to inform LMAIL about the
>list-id/listname equivalance by using the command
>
>   TELL MAILER SET FORWARD short-list-name FOR long-list-id

The same is true for some administrative addresses
e.g.., listname-REQUEST and OWNER-listname ?

When addressing local lists, it might be difficult to address
those "longer" names including listname-REQUEST and
OWNER-listname without going through the MAILER.

Here on PSUVM, I sometimes use a fakeout address that causes
the mail to queue through SMTP and then into MAILER.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "This e-mail msg rated NC-17 -- age-proof req."