Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jun 1992 03:57:03 EDT
  I am searching for a LISTSERV that would be willing to host one
list, or possibly two, regarding Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency
Syndrome (CFIDS), also known as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS),
chronic Epstein-Barr virus (CEBV), myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and
by other names.  The condition is characterized by debilitating
fatigue along with a variety of other symptoms.  Medical research is
progressing towards identifying the cause and possibly developing an
effective treatment.  CFIDS victims would be well served by having a
list or a digest which would quickly disseminate information about
current medical research and the development of treatments, and also
about funding and legislative issues regarding such medical research.

I would like to start a list in the form of a digest to be published
between 1 and 4 times per month.  I would like to have some disk
space to hold documents that might be frequently requested.  If there
is also space to hold archive files, that would be much appreciated.

In addition, if I find that there is interest on the part of
subscribers to also have an unmoderated list devoted to a general
discussion of CFIDS issues, I would like to start up such a list as
well -- but until I may come across volunteers who would be willing
to share the technical responsibility for managing such a more
frequently trafficked list, I am for now seeking only to establish
the digest.

If it is possible to base the digest described above, or possibly
the unmoderated list if that is also pursued, at your LISTSERV,
please let me know.  Reply to me directly, as I am not subscribed to
this list.  Thank you for your attention.

-- Roger Burns, Washington, DC
   [log in to unmask]    [log in to unmask]