Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:31:09 -0400
On 6 Jul 2006 at 16:22, Paul Russell wrote:

> In some environments, the LISTSERV maintainer must explicitly create this alias.
> We have chosen not to create this alias, because there is no practical way to
> protect is from abuse.

In version 14.5 and several versions before that (I don't remember
exactly when this was added), only postmasters are allowed to send to
this alias, or you have to specify in the site configuration specific
addresses that are allowed to send to it.

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp