"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 20 Apr 89 14:52:45 GMT
I have just received a note from Frode Greisen, President of EARN, stating the
following:

>At its  meeting on April  13-14, the EARN  Executive Commitee decided  not to
>sign the  Listserv licence agreement in  its present form. The  reason is the
>implied split between lists in BITNET/Netnorth and EARN.

I am  sorry to hear  that the  Executive Committee did  not agree to  the only
possible  solution to  this problem  that would  have been  acceptable to  me,
namely that  EARN would be  responsible for the distribution,  maintenance and
support of the software for all EARN  sites. I confirm that I will withdraw my
support for  LISTSERV from EARN on  the 1st of June,  and that I will  make no
other offer to EARN regarding the availability of LISTSERV to EARN sites which
do not presently run it.

Regards, Eric