Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:38:43 +0100
To celebrate  L-Soft's 10th anniversary,  we are organizing a  contest to
award  exemplary   LISTSERV  lists  in  seven   categories:  Educational,
Philanthropic, Community, Announcement, Technical Innovation, Newsletter,
plus one final category for  e-mail marketing campaigns. The contest will
take place throughout  the year, culminating in a Grand  Prize in January
2005, our last anniversary month.

I probably wouldn't be writing these lines today without the patronage of
universities and  colleges in 1994.  They provided the seed  revenue that
banks and investors  wouldn't give me because I was  too young and didn't
even have a business degree. Little did  they (or I) know how their rules
for evaluating  investments would change  in the following few  years, or
what it would  lead to, but that  is another story ;-)  In recognition of
the essential role  played by academia in L-Soft's  success, the LISTSERV
Choice Awards contest will start with the Educational award. To read more
about the contest or nominate an educational list (deadline March 29), go
to:

http://www.lsoft.com/choiceawards.html

The first 25 valid applications after  this message goes out will receive
one 10th anniversary T-shirt for the  person nominating the list, and one
for the list  owner as well (maximum one T-shirt  per person though). If,
in my sole and  final opinion ;-), an application was  made so hastily as
to be unusable by the jury, the T-shirts will go to the next application.
This is in  addition to the "small 10th anniversary  memory item" sent to
everyone who nominates a list until  we run out of stock. Hopefully, this
item will  be a  CD/DVD opener,  but someone appears  to have  bought the
entire worldwide stock of CD/DVD openers, so we may have to get something
else.

That's all I  can think of for  now. I hate cross-posting as  much as the
next person,  so the  results of  the contest will  only be  announced on
LSTOWN-L and, of course, on L-Soft's newsletter, LISTSERV at Work. If the
winner is  relevant to another  public list (eg  if a LISTSERV  Lite list
wins), we will announce it on that list as well, but otherwise there will
be no cross-posting, so you may want  to subscribe to LISTSERV at Work if
you want to follow the contest and are not subscribed to LSTOWN-L.

A big  THANKS to all of  you for making  it possible for me  to celebrate
L-Soft's 10th anniversary! :-)

  Eric