Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:47:42 -0500
It seems that if I set an option for a subscriber, then delete him, then
resubscribe him, he retains the same options as before.

Is this by design? If so, is there any way to defeat this? I would like to
reset the options back to the default.

Maybe there is a better way to do what I want:

 I have a master mailing list containing all subscribers "A".
 I want to send mail to a new set of subscribers "B".
 There may be some overlap between subscribers in "A" and "B".
 I want all subscribers to remain in the list to handle unsubscribes.

Currently I am doing this:

 QUIET SET LISTNAME NOMAIL FOR *
 QUIET DEL LISTNAME DD=DELLIST BRIEF PW=xxx
 //DELIST DD *
 << all subscribers in "B" >>
 /*
 ADD LISTNAME DD=ADDLIST IMPORTPW=xxx
 //ADDLIST DD *
 << all subscribers in "B" >>
 /*

The desired result is that the list contains all subscribers in "A" plus
"B", but those in "A" and NOT in "B" are set to NOMAIL.

Is there a better way?

--
Dave