David Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Nov 1990 14:11:10 CDT
>Right now the only way to create a new list is to have an actual account
> created so LISTSERV can poll and check its reader for files.
> Is there any way that LISTSERV can exploit MAILER 2.05+'s features of
> having mail auto-forwarded to avoid that need?
> //jbaltz

I've modified the LISTSERV /FORWARD code to keep MAILER in step
with LISTSERV's forwarding, but you really have to have both
machines doing forwarding to deal with the obscenely large
numbers of sites that insist on sending IBM notes or insist on
sending the mail files directly to the NJE address instead of
employing a mailer.

The NIC really ought to get some backbone one of these days and
put together a host requirements document specifying that mail
WILL be delivered using a mail routing and delivery agent and
WILL possess fully qualified domain names. That would help the
problem a lot.