Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:31:58 -0500
The keyword file is a file called, literally, "xyz123.keywords".  (Assuming
you are going to include it with a ".IK XYX123" directive in the list header.)

It lives in LISTSERV's A directory, eg, for Windows, \LISTSERV\MAIN .

You can create it with a text editor right in place, or you can make an
entry in SITE.CATALOG for it and PUT it like any other file (with the
caveat that you must have a file by that name already in place the first
time you PUT it, or LISTSERV will tell you that the file is listed in the
catalog but does not physically exist; this is true of any ad-hoc file you
maintain on the server via SITE.CATALOG or a sub-catalog).  The catalog
entry could be as simple as

XYZ123.KEYWORDS XYZ123.KEYWORDS.A CTL CTL

which limits GET/PUT access to LISTSERV maintainers only.

Nathan