Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 14 Jan 88 18:02:00 SET
I haven't got any copy of Q JOB  since this morning, and all signs of activity
seem to  show that  the "loop" has  ended in  Europe (ie it  was not  a loop).
However I  keep getting  mail from US  people saying that  the stuff  is still
looping there. Considering the fact that FRMOP22  has been down quite a lot of
time  and that  most of  this  mail is  "outdated"  (3-4 hours  ago), I  can't
determine whether  these are false warnings  or not. Could you  please send me
fresh mail (the network delays seem to be  back to normal by now) if you think
there is still  a loop going on? If  it does loop, it's probably  because of a
unique server  (or maybe a  few) that do  something wrong, otherwise  the loop
would be growing exponentially. In any case,  loop or no loop, most of the hub
sites  have  now installed  FIX15M3,  which  would  filter out  all  duplicate
recipients  when  processing DIST2  job,  so  the  flood  should be  at  least
quiescing.

Thanks for your patience, Eric