"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:08:06 -0000
Hi

I am new to listserv & have what is probably a basic question:

When you make changes to a list header via the web admin screen you hit the
"update" button and listserv goes away and does some background
checks/updating. If there a way to programmatically induce this?

To elaborate, I am writing a Perl script to deal with renaming a list. For
example, if the list had a web interface, you would create a sub-directory
for the new listname under the \www\lists directory. Then, go into the web
admin & configuration & update the header. Listserv then creates the html
page, followed by the index files.

wa.exe is obviously called to perform the update, but is there a command
string that you can use to do it, rather than actually submitting a form on
a web page? Executing it this way would mean no established session id -
would this be a problem?

Thanks

--
Spencer Warhurst