Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:18:42 -0600
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:47:05 -0500, Cele Bruce <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When sending the List request configuration mail message back to
>listmgr, I have seen a long delay ~5-10 minutes until I receive the
>message back indicating the configuration file has been created.

I'm sure not of the process you are following (there could be institutional
delays in processing your own script), but normally LISTSERV creation reponses
are virtually immediate.  Have you checked logs, etc to determine if the delay
is elsewhere in your mail system (either getting to LISTSERV or getting a
response back).

>There are currently ~3300 objects in the LISTSERV\MAIN folder

This is a little bit high, but not ususual.
Please read the following FAQ and see if this filesystem issue might apply to
you:  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsmtp-faq.stm#3.1
(Yes this FAQ is written with LSMTP in mind but the NTFS issues also apply to
LISTSERV and the same action should be taken.)

>Have we hit a limit?

No.

>Has anyone encountered this?  Also has anyone been
>able to split the MAIN folder up into 2 smaller folders?

This cannot be done.