"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 14:43:03 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Kaneshige
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>Has anyone encountered a problem with digests not being completely sent out;
>i.e. missing the tail end.  It seems that a '.' in the 1st column following
>'Roger ..' (but not included in the digest) terminates the digest (??).

I don't know about terminating digests BUT on some (B)SMTP gateways a
body of text message that has a line that starts with a period followed
by all white space is the RFC822/1 delimiter of the body of mail.  I
would guess that correctly working MTAs would know the difference between
a mail message that has that imbedded, and the syntactic element so that
what occurred to the digest does not happen.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L,  et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA