"Paul M. Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Nov 1990 10:14:24 EST
>   What
> I would like to do, however, is in addition to that initial message
> from LISTSERV have a "welcoming" message from myself automatically go
                                           -----------
> out to all new subscribers.  Presently I do this for each individual
> subscriber, but I would like to arrange things so that it is done
> automatically by LISTSERV without requiring any time or effort on my
> part.  Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this (if it can be done)???

  I'm sure I'll get my mouth washed out with soap for this but...

  As a variation on the previous suggestions, your exec can also
cobble up a bogus mail header so that LISTSERV can punch the file
and then transfer it to MAILER, giving the new subscriber the
illusion that the second message came from yourself.
-Kary  ;^)