Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:03:38 -0500
At 12:43 PM +1100 2/16/06, James Hale wrote
>Hi,
>
>I have been asked to provide a facility that seems to be answered by the implementation of sub-lists.
>
>The request is to have 6 super-lists that all have as a single sub-list as a "core" list.
>This would enable the core sub-list to receive all traffic sent to any of the super-lists.
>
>The question I have concerns archives (notebooks).
>
>Can we have a working archive on the core sub-list, if we do not have an archive for any of the super-lists?
>
>I know if the super-list has an archive then posts to it will NOT be archived on the sub-list.
>But the docs do not explicitly address the reverse case.
>
>If this is not possible, is there another arrangement to provide this functionality (without resorting to TOPICS?

All the lists could share the same archives, I believe.  This would imply that all of people on all the lists would be given permission to view the notebooks, but this is a political question.
--
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
Somewhere on my Mac, of course ;-)