James Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Aug 1994 14:55:16 CDT
On Thu, 18 Aug 1994 12:11:02 -0700 you said:
>> --------------------------- Message in error -------------------------------
>> Sender: [log in to unmask]
>>
>> After 8 days (205 hours) your message for the site telmar.demon.co.uk
>
>Experience from my list suggests that subscribers at demon.co.uk are
>rather unlucky in this regard.  This mail delivery problem at this
>site occurs all too frequently.  I've removed users at this site only
>to receive complaints several days later, asking to be resubscribed.
>If anything, I would actually like the timeout to be LONGER, more on
>the order of TWO weeks, so that systems that miss the current timeout
>by one or two days (a weekend) may not be caught by a more lenient
>timeframe.

Actually the rest of the error message said something along the lines
of "....we will continue to attempt delivery for 23 more days..."

A delivery-wait of three days is (I think) standard.  One week....well,
ok.  Two weeks?  To me thats pushing it but sometimes problems do exist.
But one month?  31 days?  Not good if your list averages 30 messages
per day. (grin)

>You may want to mail the postmaster there to complain about this
>recurring problem.  Let us know how you get on.  I'd be interested in
>hearing their response, myself!

I'll let you know what happens.

>Sympathies,

heh heh