Leonard D Woren <LDW@USCMVSA>
Fri, 29 Jan 88 14:05:00 PST
> Well, we'll never know how hard it is to change RFC822 unless we
> try.  It seems pretty clear to me at this point that while several
> of the proposals for new headers remain worth pursuing in their own
> right, we are never going to resolve are most basic problems without
> agreement that that the current standard is inadequate and needs to
> be revised.  Does anyone know how to get that ball rolling?
>
> /June

I think this discussion needs to take place on Header-People.  That's
where the real RFC822 experts are.  From the list-of-lists:

   Interest specifically in the format of message headers and related issues
   such as inter-network mail formats/standards, etc.
   are accessible over the ARPANet via FTP.

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems, questions,
   etc., should be sent to [log in to unmask]

   Coordinator: Pandora B. Berman <[log in to unmask]>

There is (or was???) a BITNET redistribution list for header-people on

/Leonard