Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:34:52 +0100
> That last round (on Maelstrom - DEC VMS) resisted all
> of the old tricks, but stopped - permanently - as soon as I (copied for
> the owner and...) trimmed my three largest changelogs.

Although technically unrelated to indexing (a search creates no changelog entries), that is another area where it is so easy to forget a changelog. A few years back, we had some serious performance problems running routine web interface reports and found that the system changelog file was well over 1G because for some reason it had never been pruned since the server was installed ;-) It was just that one server and easily remedied.

  Eric