Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Oct 90 23:10:14 +0100
>Removing the PROFS option solves the problem for subscribers, but angers
>local PROFS users. The //EOJ statement is what I was looking for.

You can't seriously expect any single user in the network to put '// EOJ'
at the end  of his message and  '// JOB' at the beginning.  And you don't
want  to add  this  as a  local  mod  to your  mailer,  because it  would
interfere with people who *do* use a JOB card for other reasons. The only
2 good solutions I can think of are:

1. A local mod to the mailer removing the subject line at the bottom when
   you deliver to LISTSERV.

2. The use of the SPECIAL table  to somehow cause mail for LISTSERV to be
   delivered in another way.

I don't have the mailer sources so I can't help more.

  Eric