Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Jul 1994 17:45:20 EDT
On Fri, 8 Jul 1994 14:53:09 EDT Peter M. Weiss said:
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, Raymond Ayers
><[log in to unmask]> says:
>
>>One of my users sent me a copy of a message sent out from one of the
>>lists my LISTSERV is running. Could some one point me at the error
>>(if it is one) or the option which causes mail to leave my site and
>,
>>Fri
>>go to UGA to be distributed to LAN users who are local to my site.
>
>>FACTS:
>
>One "fact" was omitted: LISTSERV, as well as MAILER (LMAIL), has no
>"clue" as to the appropriateness of choosing a "closer" path to the
>host, even though it is in a subdomain of scarolina.edu.

 Peter is right (as usual!) about the mail routing behavior of LMAIL
 and LISTSERV.  If you want to change the way your system routes mail
 you can code an LSV$DNT exit (for LISTSERV) or an LSM$DNT exit (for
 LMAIL).  Ironically I had planned to post a corrected 1.8a version of
 a LSV$DNT sample exit in response to the parrallel thread on this
 list.  If you grab the sample code and create a DOMAIN OVERRIDE file
 listing the approriate domain names, you'll be all set.

 -jj