Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:46:15 +1000

>I am having a problem with attachments. When i send an attachment to a
list
>everybody gets it as an attachment but when i look at the archive webpage
>it
>shows the attachment as raw text. The funny thing is it only happens when
>the body of the message is completely empty... If you put just 1 enter in
>the body the attachment is shown, as it should, as a clickable link.
>
>Anybody any pointers as to where things go wrong? Is this a bug or a
>feature?

When sending any kind of e-mail that's likely to have MIME boundaries
(multipart/alternative, multipart/mixed, etc.) it's never a good idea to
have a completely blank body.  Unpredictable behaviour may result.

As you've already found out, an easy fix is to make sure that there's some
content in the body, even a simple CRLF (return).  All MUAs will treat
this in a different manner so, as always, your mileage may vary.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.