USC Listproc Site Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:29:54 PDT
While playing around with various list config settings, I added
a Filter_Also='user@somehost' entry to the go.user file.

('user@somehost') is used here to replace the actual email address.)

I expected mail from this address to be rejected, whether sent
to a list, or to the server, and it was. But the message I
got by sending the command "list" to the server was a bit odd:

"
The enclosed message, found in the LISTSERV mailbox and shown
under the spool ID 0020 in the  system log, has been identified
as  a possible delivery error notice for the
following reason: mail origin seems to be a mailer.
"

???

Mail sent to a list did produce an error message
that let me know the address was filtered.

Running Listserv 1.8d on Solaris 2.8

           Dick Mead             [log in to unmask]
 USC Listproc Site Manager  University of Southern California
           http://www.usc.edu/isd/doc/maillists/