Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Tue, 01 Sep 87 11:34:16 CDT
Due to a disk error I cannot catch, I will be leaving LISTSERV down for
long periods of time.  I will run it periodically to catch up on queued
work when I can log on to it and monitor it.  What this means is requests
by interactive message will usually not be processed, and other mailed
requests will see delays.  Sorry about the inconvenience but I can see
no other way at the present to trap the problem.  Any advice will be
appreciated.  The symptoms are it gets, when I'm not here, disk I/O
errors on the N disk where things are being logged.  EXECIO reports a
return code of 113.  The real trouble is LISTSERV keeps running.  I'd
much rather it just stop when this kind of thing happens.  I've moved it
to other disks and that does not help.