FAST FISH <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Dec 1993 02:50:41 EST
> >2) is there any way that fileserver files can be
> >included in Listserv searches,
>
> Well it might be possible for the truly adventurous, but
> since you've had to ask, no.

Do you mean that by asking I demonstrate I am not "truly adventurous,"
or do you simply mean there is no way? I'm confused by your answer.

> Keep them in the NOTEBOOKs
> and then you don't have to invent a wheel.

My reason for asking was to know if anyone else had tried this.
If a wheel CAN be invented, then why not?

> See a possible script below for finding current threads (of
> discussion) on the LSTSRV-L list.
>
> BTW, a non-LISTSERV system called ASTRA might be able to do what
> you are asking, but I am not positive.  (I believe that ASTRA has
> been mentioned in the LDBASE-L notebook archives.)

By "what I am asking" do you mean search non-notebook files? If so, are
you saying that ASTRA may be used to search lISTSERVs, or that ASTRA cannot
be used with LISTSERVs but can be used to search non-LISTSERV systems?
Please be clear.

> /* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */
> //ListSrch JOB Echo=no
> Database Search DD=Rules
> //Rules DD *
> S * in LSTOWN-L SINCE oct WHERE SUBJECT DOES NOT CONTAIN RE:
> index date.8 sender.25 subject.45
> /*
> //  EOJ

I'm presuming this "roll your own" script should have the line

        s * in LSTSRV-L, etc
               ^^^^^^
given that LSTOWN-L no longer exists?

Jeff