Evelyn Buffington <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Jul 1991 16:48:50 TZONE
 Folks, I need some help.  I am what you would consider an "end-user."  I
 work in the computer center, and I co-own a list, but I am not the postmaster.
 I sent a note a day or so ago asking how to make a file available to the
 subscribers of my list.  The first problem we had here was that our
 LISTSERV FILELIST did not have an entry for the list's filelist file.  My
 postmaster was busy, so he issued the command

 TELL LISTSERV GET LISTSERV FILELIST (CTL

 and used SENDFILE to send it to me.  I updated it (I think!) and used
 SENDFILE to send it back *to him*.  He then used LSVPUT to put it back.
 Now, when I try to issue the command GET listname FILELIST (CTL, listserv
 sends me a message:  * Internal error, postmaster notified.
 1) Did we mess up the file by SENDFILEing it to each other?
 2) Did I possibly enter the file information incorrectly in the LISTSERV
    FILELIST file and therefore mess it up?  I followed the directions in
    the FSV GUIDE and the help file I got from [log in to unmask]  I just
    added the line /F/ NAFIPS-L FILELIST ALL OWN . . . . . description

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  /Evelyn

 Evelyn Buffington                    BITNET:    USGEHB@GSUVM1
 User Services/Computer Center        Internet:  [log in to unmask]
 Georgia State University             FAX:    (404) 651-2013
 Atlanta, GA  30303-3083              Phone:  (404) 651-2686