"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 08:48:33 EDT
Bitnet works "good."

SMTP port seems available BUT TELNET (port 23) took a long time

TRACERTE seems to indicate that some hops are dropping and/or taking
a little long

No MX hosts involved and all 5 authoritative DNS seem consistent
wrt A record info.

SMTP mail to: [log in to unmask] AND [log in to unmask]
went on retry q (after have successfully resolved).  SMTP
delivered after first retry interval (but no response to my e-mail).

My guess is that there is alot of dropped packets causing TELNET/
SMTP to either timeout or drop connections.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "Never confuse the messenger with the message"