Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:43:39 -0700
VMS 7.3-2
LISTSERV 14.5

Current situation:

2180023F LISTSERV        MUTEX    5     3013   0 00:00:01.04      1157    838
2180025D LSV_SMTP_1      HIB      3     1189   0 00:00:00.36       156    190

The LISTSERV process is suspended.  When PMDF tries to deliver to the LISTSERV
channel, that process hangs.  (And clogged my MAIL$BATCH queue so no mail was
getting through at all; I've temporarily increased the number of jobs the queue
may process simultaneously, so that part of my crisis is resolved.)
No messages are getting delivered; LCMD hangs.

Background:

Last night I did an

$ LCMD QUIET SET * NOREVIEW FOR *

which gave me output for a while but not for all lists and stopped.  After that
LCMD hung and LISTSERV proved to be in a SUSPENDED state.  [Not that I've
looked at it when things are working properly - I've only started using
LISTSERV seriously recently].  It was late at night so I was able to reboot the
server and things seemed to be okay again, but now this is all back.

What do I do?

-- Alan

 Alan Winston --- [log in to unmask]
 Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL   Phone:  650/926-3056
 Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA   94025