Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:55:36 -0500
At 03:48 PM 11/22/2004, John wrote:

>The "Subscriber's " Corner is for people to manage their subscription(s),
>it's not for the public to subscribe to lists (or it would be called
>Subscribing Corner). If you are logged in, then it will use the address
>you are logged in with to determine your subscribed list(s). It will only
>display other lists if they are Public lists.

OK -- so working as designed.

Why does it let the user choose to show "all lists" in addition to
"subscribed lists" and then give an option to subscribe to unsubscribed
lists if it is meant to show "subscribed lists" only?

I've changed the selection (in REPORT-MAIN) to show "public lists (do not
use)" and added some text to REPORT-HELP-SUBS that says:

To subscribe to one or more lists (note: This option is fairly useless. The
LISTSERV software only shows lists you are subscribed to, so you will need
to go to the Server Archives to select a list and subscribe from there):
    * Select "All Lists" in the "Show" option in the navigation sidebar.
    * Press the "Submit" button to refresh the List Table.
    * Check the boxes next to the lists that you want to subscribe to.
    * At the bottom of the List Names column, select the "Subscribe" option.
    * Press the "Submit Changes" button.

>Even if you are logged in as a Postmaster, you cannot view a lists of
>lists. You can enter a "User" (address) to see what lists they are
>subscribed to though.

What a shame. It should show all lists that are within the service area of
the account being used.

-- DCP