"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 09:41:51 EDT
On Thu, 29 Jun 1995 23:06:55 CDT Landy Manderson said:
>I am sorry, but I cannot agree, having seen everything from frightful
>conspiracy documents to female friends from the former USSR nipped in
>the bud.  Perhaps if you told us (and therefore, Eric) what problems
>were caused to you, we/he could find ways to address them while still
>preserving the delightful benefits of not finding billboards from the
>Information Superhighway clogging our readers and spools every morning?

   I have seen two  spams stopped and one that was a  spam go through in
the last 3-4  weeks.  Make that 2  got past.  I had one  on RAILROAD and
one on NODEINFO.  One was "DO ME NOW" and the other some sales advert.

   Conversely, I had 41 spam alert messages sent to me.  All were false.
5 came to me when the spam thing  was first put in, and 36 over 2-3 days
this past week.

   The  alerts are  all  for the  same list  (the  only one  gatewayed).
Please explain to me (I am sure it can be done) how I send these back to
the list with the original person  as the sender and without putting the
list in  editor mode (that is  not an option  here that I want  to use).
Also, how can I avoid them in  the future (NoSpam is not available where
my list is yet).

   I accept that the posts will  be seen twice on the bit.listserv side.
That's a tolerable pain at this point.

   I am happy that  something is being done, but not  happy about how it
is working out so far for my lists.

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**   ListOwner: AIRLINE, NODEINFO, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List   **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **