Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 08:38:32 CST
On Thu, 16 Dec 1993 11:23:40 +0100 Herman Van Uytven said:
>The program managing the thing must be :
>
>- configured to know from which *.domains people may create a list
>- know all the list header possibilities and how they relate
>- user friendly
>- be able to create lists (= putting them on listserv, and telling
>  lmail that there is a list now with the name xyz).
>- ...
>
>I don't see anything for the moment why this shouldn't be possible
>(except to find someone who writes the stuff).
>
>What do others think about this ?

I think this is a wonderful idea, but I would add one more thing.  Most
sites probably are not going to want to allow just anyone to create
a list (although some would).  You probably should add something
like:

  Allowed_to_add=email_address,email_address,....
  Allowed_to_add=*      /* for everyone */

Just a thought....

Chris Barnes            |   President - Bryan/College Station
[log in to unmask] |         Retriever Club
(409) 846-3273 (home)   |   "Dedicated to the betterment of
(409) 845-8300 (work)   |               the retrieving breeds"