Bob Jackiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 23:39:08 CST
One of the improvements in 1.8A (NJE) I recall was the reduction of time
for someone to be added to a list. Well, I'm in the process of adding 131
people via the QUIET ADD command, and it's taking from 14-18 seconds for
each person. This works out to about 30 minutes for all of my adds. During
this time, of course, ListServ is basically dead for processing its
reader files, all 8600 of them.

   Also, I recall reading that SIGNUP2 FILE would be gone, but it's still
there. Am I missing something, or is this scheduled for the 1.8b release?

  Bob Jackiewicz [\]        UIC Computer Center        E-mail: [log in to unmask]
  University of Illinois at Chicago                  ListServ Administrator
  Ever heard of OS/2?  No? So thats why you're using Windows!