Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:23:20 -0400
A pattern of bogus subscriptions have appeared in my list and others on
the listserver at sjuvm.stjohns.edu

Someone subscribes in a variety of names, all names have been posting to
the alt.college.fraternities and alt.college.sororities newsgroups. One
false subscription was in the name tsimpson, another cfskip

The actual people behind those names have identified the spammer as
somebody by the name of Kyle Chen who has flooded their email boxes with
the bogus subscriptions.

When i am suspicious, I check the emailaddress on search engines that
search usenet groups.  If the name is a correspondent to one of the above
usenet groups, I am deleting them these days.

Suzanne Schwimmer