Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Fri, 20 Jan 89 17:57:53 MEZ
>1) changed LISTSERV FILELIST to include TEST FILELIST
>3) created TEST FILELIST  on the A disk (putting in a /F/ before
>   the line tho I don't know why)
>6) THEN I tried a GET TEST TEMP   and it tells me TEST TEMP is unknown
>   (I did try a GET TEST TEMP TEST and I got the file ok, but I thought
>   that the filelist name was unnecessary if there was only one file
>   with that name.......)

You've probably put the /F/ flag in a declaration of TEST FILELIST inside
TEST FILELIST. TEST FILELIST should be declared (with the /F/ flag) in
LISTSERV FILELIST, not in itself. Else LISTSERV isn't able to follow
the file chain and find the file (it always starts by LISTSERV FILELIST
if the FILELIST name is omitted). LISTSERV FILELIST contains an entry
for itself -- and this is a special case -- because it can not hang from
a higher level filelist. For other filelists this is unnecessary, and in
any case they have to be declared at their parent filelist.

Jose Maria