Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 23 May 89 16:04:01 GMT
Effective June  the 1st, the  official contact for  LISTSERV-related questions
from   EARN   sites   shall   be   Turgut   Kalfaoglu   <TURGUT@TREARN>.   Any
LISTSERV-related message  sent privately to  me from  an EARN address  will be
automatically forwarded to Turgut, with a message saying that future questions
ought to  be sent directly to  him. To avoid any  possible misunderstanding, I
would like to stress the fact that  anything said on a public forum (one where
anybody can freely subscribe, ie a "Subscription= Open" list like LSTSRV-L) by
either Turgut or  myself is to be considered public  information - both Turgut
and myself can  use it freely to  debug or improve the code  without having to
obtain an explicit authorization from the other party. This does not, however,
apply to information sent (or distributed) privately; in particular, bug fixes
sent over the network  to LISTSERV sites by either Turgut  or myself are *not*
public and  cannot be  redistributed without  specific authorization  (see the
LISTSERV License Agreement). Unless EARN uses "update" files to maintain their
version of LISTSERV, redistribution of a  modified piece of LISTSERV code from
Turgut requires both EARN's and my authorization; for new pieces of code, only
EARN's permission is required.

Finally, we still have to discuss whether or not the LSTSRV-x lists need to be
split. I  personally think that  this is desirable  only for LSTSRV-M,  but we
should probably start  a debate on this  topic on the LSTSRV-L  list (to which
people from LSTSRV-M or DEAR-BOD can  subscribe if they are interested in this
discussion).

Regards, Eric