Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:46:28 -0600
On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:15:34 +0000, "Eckard, Steve - eckardsl"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I see bottom banners with links to unsubscribe. I do not know how to add these.

If you can create lists then you also have the privileges necessary to add
these bottom banners at a site-wide level.  See below for how.  In fact, as a
LISTSERV site-admin (if not a server-admin) I would suggest you have an
obligation to do this as part of managing a well-run LISTSERV instance.

>Also because this particular list has over 14000 subscribers I would assume
>many were bulked into the list.

There is no immediately obvious reason to assume that these many subscribers
were added without their permission/agreement.  But you should find out if
that is occurring or has occurred.  The mailing reputation of your whole
LISTSERV site is at stake.

>I wonder if these "groups" get a notification and link or instructions
>to unsubscribe.

Bulk adds do not get the standard notification, but single add/subscribe
usually do.

>Otherwise that is why I told the owner that the responsibility should be on
>the members to unsubscribe.

Yes, but it is the owner's responsiblity to provide the unsubscribe
information.  And, as I suggest, it is the Site-Admin's responsibility to
either see that Owner's do this or simply do it at the site-wide level for all
lists/all owners.

To add a BOTTOM_BANNER like the one on LSTSRV-L:  (Ver 15.0 and later)

Windows:
http://your.server.name/scripts/wa.exe?TPLED2=SITE&a=BOTTOM_BANNER&p=1

Unix:
http://your.server.name/cgi-bin/wa?TPLED2=SITE&a=BOTTOM_BANNER&p=1

Or adjust the URL to what is correct for your server.

Copy/paste the following.  This works for any LISTSERV site.

--- cut here ---
.CS UTF-8
or click the following link:
&WA_URL;?SUBED1=&LISTNAME_ENCODED&A=1