"Parish, Roger" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:40:59 -0500
At 10:05 AM -0500 3/13/97, Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:39:45 EST, you said:
>> Me too I finally gave up and just get all there gripe sessions and when
>>I see
>> where it is from I jump right over and go to the good stuff dMaybe they will
>> get the hint..
>
>Of late, a large proportion of these comments have originated at AOL.COM.
>
>I have to wonder if there is something Strange, Unusual, Bizzare, and Evil
>in the America Online interface, that encourages/allows people to become
>accidentally subscribed to mailing lists.  Can anybody in the AOL Padded
>Cell Environment comment on whether this is true or not?

I just poked around on AOL, looking for some automated subscribe process
and found nothing. They have a discussion of mailing lists at keyword
"mailinglists" and a mailing list directory at
<http://www.idot.aol./com/mld/production/> but nothing that looked like a
"click here and you're subscribed."

These folks COULD be victims, I suppose.

Roger
301-903-5238
Office of Information Management
U.S. Department of Energy