Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 6 Sep 1986 13:53 SET
  In much the same way as I hate all caps usernames, I hate all lowercase user-
ids. Especially since the "@" sign is  a lowercase "a" on my terminal (kill IBM
for being so stupid). ERICaFRECP11 is obviously ERIC at FRECP11, but what about
martinacearn? It's not  that bad since the  "@" is accentuated, so  if you look
closely you can tell it from a "a" but  it's a real pain when looking at a long
list of userids (I  wear glasses :-( ). Why can't UN*X  systems accept all caps
node names or userids? Did someone actually  CHECK that it does not work, or is
it just  an impression? I'm  not going to change  anything unless I  have proof
that it DOES cause problems.

  Eric