Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Dec 1991 08:21:04 EST
On Sun, 8 Dec 1991 17:52:38 CST Juan M. Courcoul said:
>On Fri, 6 Dec 1991 17:16:00 EST John Clutcher said:
>>I'm interested in changing the variable that limits the scope of a list
>>from local to global access.
>>
>>Currently I have "Service=local,*.*.hmc.psu.edu" in my subscription
>>list.
>
>The existence of a "Service" keyword to limit the scope of a list means
>you also have a "Confidential= Service" in there. Hence, your list is
>confidentially known only within the specified service area.

Is this right in the general case?  What if the list is part of a peered
list, where some peer might serve only a region of the network, even if it
means forcing a subscription to a LISTSERV farther from someone?  Isn't that
possible?

I agree that the Service variable is probably the key to the original
question; I just am not sure if Juan is over-generalizing.

Nick