Peter Sylvester +49 228 303245 <GRZ027@DBNGMD21>
Fri, 01 May 87 22:33 CET

> Peter,
>
>   You're obviously right  but what does this  have to do with  PEERS NAMES and
> the impossibility to store it on  release 1.5h servers? At present PEERS NAMES
> is only 350 records or so in Netdata format and we're not yet forced to use an
> update concept  -- please remember that  UPDNODES is very slow  and requires a
Eric, I heard exactly the same argument a year ago about XMAILER
names. The same is true for NETCNTRY NAMES ....
Everyone who needs a "global" directory service reinvents it.

> lot of OS  storage. We also don't  have a checksum system yet.  Anyway I don't
> think this is our most important problem right now.
I know all the places why UPDNODES is slow. There are many way to
improve that. Please remember that this program is

   my second pascal program at all
   written in spare time

As long as the "network directory" does not move a substantial
step towards "international" standards I do not see to invest
to much time making performance improvements.

If the directory which is processed by UPDNODES
and GENODUPD changes, the program will definetely be changed.

>   Eric
Peter