Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 14:28:28 EST
On Tue, 1 Nov 1994 15:45:06 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>On Tue, 1 Nov 1994 08:49:28 EST Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
>said:
>
>>Um, what if I do a

>>List|Sender|Both|None|"address" doesn't  address that at  all. Depending
>>on Respect|Ignore, either  the list default will override  my intent, or
>
>I'm not sure I understand.  Indeed, if you have "Ignore" your Reply-To:
>is ignored and whatever default you specified is used.  If you have
>"Respect", the list uses the Reply-To:  you specified.

"Respect" says, "If the author generated a 'Reply-To:' line, I trust it."
"Ignore" says, "I don't trust author-generated 'Reply-To:' lines; insert
mine!" What I'm asking for is, "Take any Reply-To:  fields with a grain of
salt and add ours for completeness." Note that this is not the same as
"Both" because one can't assume an author-generated Reply-To:  field points
to the From:  address.

>How are responses being aimed to me in this scenario?  :-)

a) Whoops.  Originally I used ERIC@SEARN, not [log in to unmask], but I missed
a reference when I decided to go to a more plausible scenario.  :-)

b) The University of Notre Dame is pleased to announce that it's drafting
Eric Thomas of L-Soft Inc, whether he likes it or not, to become an
Assistant Director in its Office of University Computing.  :-) :-) :-)

Nick

* Intelligence demands reasons, not rules.