Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:34:16 -0400
I'm on a Ford Contour / Mercury Mystique / Ford Mondeo mailing list that is
currently hosted at American University.  Unfortunately, American U. is
pulling the plug on the list after about 4 years.  It seems they can no
longer devote the computing resources to all of the lists that they run,
and are shutting alot of them down.

Contour-L is now looking for a new home from someone that has the ability
to host us.  He have ~650 subscribers and that number is always
growing.  The list owner limits us to 150 messages a day, and we have an
archive of about the past 18 months (58MB worth right now).  We keep such
large archives to cut down on the list traffic about repeat topics.  This
is a non-moderated public list.

The group has a web page at www.contour.org.  We are fairly well organized,
having small branches all across the US.  We started using eGroups as a
band aid to losing our list at American U.  Not the ideal solution because
they don't offer a decent digest service (~100 of those 650 are digest
subscribers) nor can we migrate the archives.

Is there anyone that would be willing to give us a new home on their
listserv?  I have the user list and archives sitting on my computer waiting
to move them somewhere.

Please reply in private email to save electrons.

Thanks for listening.
---
Perry Wolf
[log in to unmask]  /  http://www.webmasterp.com