"Steven P. Roder" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jul 1994 10:17:05 EDT
On Wed, 13 Jul 1994 15:40:09 CST Jon Eidson said:
>It appears that we have been receiving a lot of rejected mail that
>is address to OWNER-listname or REQUEST-listname.  Since there are
>obviously no userids by those names, what is the mechanism that I am
>suppose to use to handle these ids.

As Eric already posted, make sure LMAIL knows the id of LISTSERV.  However,
this will only affect the mail coming through mailer.  If a list stamps it's
outgoing mail with a bitnet address, then these pieces will come via RSCS,
and OWNER-listname becomes OWNER-LI, which is an unknown user.  Changing
listserv to use the FQDN will resolve this problem, but can cause the loop
discussed earlier in the week (the loop that we experienced because of FQDN).
Check the archives here for this discussion, to aid in configuring your
listserv.  I don't think 1.7f can specify FQDN (at least, probably not until
the code in beta test (for LTCP in 1.7f) is running?).

Hope this doesn't muddy the waters....

Steve
([log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | (716)645-3564)