Nelson Broat <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 21:09:19 EDT
On Mon, 17 Oct 1994 15:35:46 CDT Chris Barnes said:
>On Mon, 17 Oct 1994 10:19:39 +0100 Herman Van Uytven said:
>>Hello,
>>
>>Since some time we run a news -> mail gateway using PSUVM netnews
>>and Revised Listserv on VM.  Initially it was written for our VINES
>>users who didn't have IP access, but in the meanwhile VINES people
>>can also have IP access here.  But there are other people using
>>this service, it sends out around 1000 k 2000 articles a day.
>

>I'm currently using another site's generosity to do this too since
>we don't want to have to run the entire NETNEWS package to just do
>the mirroring.  I don't suppose there's a simple gateway package
>out there yet, is there (unix or vm is ok).

>Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
>[log in to unmask]                      (409) 845-8300 (work)

If you're asking "Does anybody have a modified version of PSU's NETNEWS
package to read news off a Unix box?", then the answer is yes, we have one.
Send me email and I'll let you know how you can get to it to try it out.
If thats not what you're asking for, then apologies for misunderstanding
the email, and I will go back to lurking. :-)

Nelson Broat
News Admin
 CUNYVM