Raymond Ayers <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 15:24:28 EDT
I have a group of users who are of the impression that the only suitable
way to search for anything is via a Web application. They want to be
able to search the archives and look at the results when the LIST and
ARCHIVES are located on  VM  .

Does anyone out there have an answer to the problem? I am perfectly
willing to tell them THEY have to get a commercial web server in here
(we currently run the Webshare (free) server), but none of them for
VM seem to speak to list archives directly.

They want something like CataList from the L-Soft site, but it HAS
to run on VM because that's what we have for now.

Any info, pointers to info or other help will be appreciated.
Even the "they're crazy" responses help me respond to them.

 | Raymond Ayers                           VM & MVS Systems Programmer |
 | Computer Services -- Division of Libraries and Information Services |
 | University Of South Carolina        Columbia, South Carolina, 29208 |
 | Phone: 803-777-4409                               Fax: 803-777-4760 |
 | Internet: [log in to unmask]                                           |