"Chandra (Systems Programmer)" <CCECL@NUSVM>
Sat, 29 Oct 88 11:17:29 SST

This is what I do to create a TESTLIST FILELIST

a. LINK to LISTSERV 191, and append a dummy entry to LISTSERV FILELIST:

/F/  TESTLIST FILELIST   ALL CTL .       .     0 ........ ........ Description

b. Store back this file in LISTSERV using LSVPUT (it works fine for me)
   (or just insert PUTC PW=storepw and send LISTSERV FILELIST to LISTSERV)

c. Now create a file called TEST FILELIST which contains dummy entries
   for the *every* files you intended to store. eg

* * * Top of File * * *
PUT TESTLIST FILELIST LISTSERV PW=yourpw NODIST

  VIRUS    EXEC       ALL CTL .       .     0 ........ ........ Time bomb
  AIDS     MODULE     ALL CTL .       .     0 ........ ........ another one
* * * End of File * * *

d. Send TESTLIST FILELIST to LISTSERV, file will be stored and
   LISTSERV FILELIST will be updated automatically.

e. Now to store the actual file, add one line to VIRUS EXEC
   and send it to LISTSERV

* * * Top of File * * *
PUT VIRUS EXEC TESTLIST PW=yourpw NODIST
/* Starting of Virus Exec */
etc
* * * End of File * * *

d. Now what if you don't want to creat a dummy entry?
   If LISTSERV cannot find the dummy entry in the TESTLIST FILELIST,
   it will classify the file as "unknown" and call the user exit LSV$PUT.
   LSV$PUT has to be modified to return fn ft filelist (you have already
   done it) *AND* creat a dummy entry in the TESTLIST FILELIST.
   (don't forget to check the validity of the PW and if the file is *unsave*,
   eg. PROFILE EXEC)

e. Now this is not the full story, we have the fileid mappings, *DEFAULT*
   entries in TESTLIST FILEID etc etc.. which I am not 100% clear.
   Could any LISTSERV guru explains further? Thanks in advance.

* No flames please if I am wrong, just correct me *

/Chandra
National University of Singapore